Progress to date:
- Through our work with the Utah State Board of Education’s Computer Science Tech Task Force, achieved the adoption of this definition of computer science. Clear definitions will create shared language for cross-sector partnerships and the development and implementation of state computer science standards. This matters to ensure that classes like keyboarding aren’t classified as computer science.
- Pluralsight One was selected as a member of the State’s Computer Science Tech Task Force. The task force created recommendations that were formally adopted by the Utah State Board of Education (USBE) in June 2018.
- Pluralsight One has been invited to the Board of the Lieutenant Governor’s Tech Pathways program. The purpose of the Tech Pathways Board is to connect the Utah business community, public education and government agencies to ensure workforce readiness that will support and sustain economic growth.
Three main goals:
- Articulation between three levels of education (K-12 public education, Utah System of Technical Colleges, Utah System of Higher Education)
- Provide work-based learning opportunities to high school students through job shadows, internships, etc.
- Provide industry the opportunity to provide feedback and work creatively to help fill the tech workforce needs in Utah.